For all bead & biological Filters.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Microbe-Lift/ Super Starter & Bead Filter Booster
For All Bead & Biological Filters
Like most types of mechanical/biological Filters, bead Filters rely on the use of a media that provides a high surface area/volume ratio. This allows for support of the necessary amount of biomass, in the form of a biofilm, to properly remove organic and inorganic waste from the water, making it suitable for fish and other normal aquatic life. Within the biofilm it is possible to carry out aerobic, facultative anaerobic, anaerobic and chemosynthetic processes if all the necessary bacterial species are present.
Consequently, for these Filters to function, it is necessary to have proper numbers and distribution of species. Microbe-Lift/Super Start contains aerobic heterotrophs, facultative anaerobes, anaerobic and chemotrophic bacteria capable of carrying out all of the necessary processes for optimum performance of bead Filters.
• Rapid establishment of organic removal capabilities
• Rapid establishment of nitrogen cycling including nitrification and denitrification
• Reduces buildup of residue in the Filter, decreasing maintenance and improving Filter
efficiency by avoiding “channeling”
• Rapid recovery of Filter after use of medications and antibiotics
• Breakdown of residual medications, like tea tree oils and formalin products, which
are inhibitory to most bacteria, after use
• Effective over a wide pH range
• Significantly reduces noxious odors
caused by algae, fish, waste and urine
• Reduces hydrogen sulfide, which creates strong, offensive odors
Microbe-Lift Super Start Bead Filter Bacteria (Vegetative Cultures) Contains the necessary types of bacteria to quickly establish a biofilm on the bead media and maintain the processes for optimum performance of bead Filters.
32 oz. bottle treats up to 500 gallons with 10 treatments and 1000 gallons with 8 treatments.
1 gallon bottle treats up to 1000 gallons with 32 treatments.
No customer reviews for the moment.